Monday, February 21, 2011

Forgive me Iphone, for I have sinned?

Apple's IPhone recently released an app designed to organize confessions and "examine conscience." No, the phone won't grant you forgiveness. Confession: The Roman Catholic App is meant to be used while in confession. You enter your "sins" and the app also personally examined conscience, I suppose based upon what you will/have confessed.

Not being Roman Catholic I have to respect the need to confess sins and be granted forgiveness. But I don't see many benefits of this app. And what they mean examination of conscience EXACTLY? Wouldn't that be a form of JUDGMENT?
But the Church is apparently backing it, claiming it may help people get through their confessional and also bring new lapsed followers back to the faith.

Here's the video
Check out this great MSN video: Catholic Church Approves Confessional App

I have a feeling this technology may indeed help but may also weaken the sincerity of people's worship. To be able to flip out your phone in confessional is a bit much to me. Lol Black churches should create a testimony app. I'd like to hear the opinions of people who are of Catholic faith...how will technology effect the worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment