Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Damn it's been a minute!

Working hard or hardly working? Pick one, that's my reason for absence.
I also must admit wurms, I become complacent with my laziness especially in non-stressful times in my life. So it's kinda a positive; I can't really complain about much.
On a PERSONAL level, that is.
As far as society, I've almost given up. I've stepped inside of my drama free bubble (all I do is work, chill, and my relationship is sweet. So it's not much to sweat about in here.) so it's become almost difficult to understand and empathize with the common day problems. I know it sounds selfish but when you've arrived at that point of complete FUCK-IT-ISM (say it with me) you realize how petty all those "big deals" were before.
Within the past 8 months I've seen 2 friends pass, 2 more get pregnant (circle of life), prices go up, # of small businesses go down, 95% of the US covered in snow,2 Black candidates argue over crack, random dead birds falling from the sky and fish floating to the surface,Egypt in political ruins...oh I could go on for days.
Not to mention the issues that seem to repeat themselves in my community. There's still a ridiculous boom of single mothers, abusive or absent fathers, more police corruption than service, total neglect from the city and aldermen, rampant drug addiction, senseless violence and moreover the victims and aggressors are getting younger and younger.
Anyone can relate. It's fucked up everywhere lol. But if you can find that lil spark of light in a room of shadows don't let it burn out. Your ability to see beyond the negativity is the strength needed to help the rest of your environment do the same.
People aren't happy anymore. Most don't even know what would make them happy even if they had a chance to be. Whether it's their childhood or life experience, some people let society decide what will make them content, less fearful, and self-confident.
Our purpose has and always will create the path we travel to reach who we are right now.
Peace and blessings,
D.U.B.

2 comments:

  1. WOW...IF I COULD SAY AFTER READING IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE U ARE REALLY AT THAT PLACE OF FUCK-IT-ISM MINDSET BC WHAT U JUST WROTE CAME FROM A PLACE OF CARING AND WHAT U JUST MADE KNOWN IS THAT POSITIVITY CAN NEVER BE SOMETHING WE GIVE UP ON...EVEN WITH OUR WORLD IN THE PLACE THAT ITS IN...THERE IS LIGHT AMOUNGST THE SHADOWS AND WE MUST KEEP OUR EYES ON THAT LIGHT...AND THAT SPACE IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS WILL GET BIGGER....

    THANK YOU FOR BLOG'N BC I ENJOYED THE READ.....I STILL WANTA TALK BUSINESS WIT U....tHE BIzNESS MAgAZINE....LETS CHAT...

    ReplyDelete